Iphone Backup Extractor 184.108.40.206
The iPhone Backup Extractor is an easy-to-use program to extract files from an iPhone, iPod Touch, iPhone 3G or iPhone 3G s iTunes backup. It is useful for restoring AppStore applications, SMS histories, contact lists, call histories, photographs and other data that might otherwise be inaccessible. The registered version can automatically convert the extracted Apple databases into CSV format, so they can be easily imported into Excel, Outlook, or Webmail.
How can I put extracted files back on my iPhone?
It depends what the files are and on your level of technical ability. We can't vouch for any of these applications or methods working. If you know any neat tricks, let us know. In order of likely easiest:
- Load it into Outlook, iTunes, MobileMe etc. and sync with your iPhone
- Install a third-party piece of sync software like Syphone (Mac only)
- Install a Wifi "shared drive" app (AirShare, DataCase, etc.) on the iPhone and try to replace the files directly
- Jailbreak the iPhone and manually replace the files with SCP
- Jailbreak the iPhone, SSH in and manually update the databases with SQLite once in
- Save your old iTunes backup somewhere, get iTunes to take a new backup of your upgraded phone, then patch the new backup with files from the old backup and restore the new backup onto the phone (you'd need to hack the checksums manifest file to make this work which is fiddly but theoretically possible)